Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rhinoceros vs. Berenger

There are times when everyone has been a rhinoceros, myself included. Peer pressure can be a mighty thing and it is hard to withstand. While I have had many opportunities to fall into the rhinoceros category, overall I have found myself to be more of a Berenger.

There have been many times that I have said no to whatever my friends were offering. I am a singer. I am not going to ruin my lungs by smoking anything. Alcohol in high school was a HUGE problem, but I always said no. Nowadays that isn't as much of an issue. I am of legal age to drink and I know when to stop. I don't continue to drink even though my friends try to get me to "have more fun."

These are just small things on the scale of life, but if I have enough sense to stand up against the small things, the bigger things in life hopefully won't be much harder.




No comments:

Post a Comment